The Succeed support action is structured into the seven work packages listed below together with their respective operative objectives:
- Ensures that the activities are carried out on time, and completed accurately and with the required quality.
- Facilitates the communication among partners and with the European Commission.
- Manages financial and contractual matters.
Interoperability and infrastructure (WP2).
- Provides and maintains the necessary technical infrastructure for the support action.
- Facilitates the access to an interoperable platform exposing digitisation tools and supports the integration of new or existing tools created by European research groups.
- Contributes to the technical interoperability with other platforms and infrastructures.
Validation and take-up of tools (WP3).
- Surveys existing tools for text digitisation and maintains a dedicated website with up-to-date information about these tools.
- Defines validation criteria and validation procedure of tools and resources through implementation in controlled scenarios.
Normalisation and standardisation (WP4).
- Facilitates the implementation of digitisation activities by identifying and the recommending formats and standards.
- Elaborates a technical analysis and a recommendation on common licensing schemes for tools and resources to further digitisation activities in Europe.
Evaluation, awards and competitions (WP5).
- Deploys the necessary infrastructure to evaluate and report on new and emerging approaches to digitisation.
- Spreads awareness of new methods and techniques by organising competitions and awards which reward the application of research results in new production environments.
Dissemination and community building (WP6).
- Enhances the visibility and impact of the activities implemented by Succeed by collecting the outputs of the project and identifying appropriate communication channels to disseminate them.
- Raises the awareness of research results in digitisation through the implementation of a dissemination plan for technological results, scientific events, and educational resources in digitisation.