Hill Museum and Manuscript Library
The Hill Museum and Manuscript Library is a remarkable, distributed and cooperative effort aiming to preserve endangered content, as well as to provide online services supporting rich access to facsimilar documents. See the full description.
Centre d'Études Supérieures de la Renaissance
The CESR is committed to produce both high-quality digital editions (in XML-TEI) and facsimile with reliable transcriptions, and this activity has led to the development of new open-source tools for layout analysis and for transcription. See the full description.
Commendations of Merit
Tecnilógica maintains a constant innovative spirit, creating, for example, new technology for the digitisation of perforated hard cardboard disks and their conversion into MIDI files. Abstract.
London Metropolitan Archives - University College London
The Great Parchment Book project aimed to publish both the images and transcript online of this of fire-damaged book (165 parchment pages). As a result, new technology (planned to be open-sourced) has been created, specifically, algorithms to flatten pages from images obtained with multiple photographs. See the full description.
Full list of candidate institutions
- National Library of Finland
- Austrian State Archives
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Centre d'Étude Superieures de la Renaissance
- Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision
- Digital Library for Dutch literature
- Hill Museum and Manuscript Library
- Trier Center for Digital Humanities
- London Metropolitan Archives
- UC Riverside Center for Bibliographical Studies and Research
- Ministry of Culture Croatia
- University of Granada
- Museum and Institute of Zoology of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- University of Innsbruck
- National Library Board Singapore